Monday, September 25, 2006

Feeling left out.

  Last night while sitting on the throne I pick up a magazine called Providence. I don't know where it came from, my wife's always picking up free reading material for our library next to the toilet.  Flipping Thur I realized that all the advertisements were from store, restaurants and other establishment I can't afford to patronize. Where the hell is this Providence? That must be the other Providence where the rich people live. Maybe it's in Massachusetts.
   You know, every where you look in the news paper, magazines, on TV, The advertisements go after upper income people. You never see an advertisement aimed at us average people. Why don't Stop and Shop advertise, FOR 2 DAYS ONLY, ALL DENTED CAN GOODS  50% OFF OUR ALREADY REDUCED PRICE.
    How about Target,  WAREHOUSE WINTER CLOTHES SALE, 75% OFF WINTER CLOTHES WE COULDN'T SELL LAST YEAR,THAT HAS ONE OUT OF STYLE, BUT WILL STILL KEEP YOU WARM.
    You could even have used car sales, TASCA FORD'S COLUMBUS DAY SALE 90% OFF THE AUTO'S WE TAKE IN TRADE AND USUALLY SEND TO THE JUNK YARD. Now that my kind of sale.
     I don't know about you but I kinda take offense by some of the advertisements that make it sound like, buy this car for ONLY $599 a month. Hell if I had an extra $599 at the end of any month I buy a car at Tasca Columbus day sale and fill my oil tank, pay the electric bill and go to target to buy a winter coat but I guess to some people paying $599 a month for a vehicle that gets 8 miles to a gallon is done just because they can. 
    Well I guess advertisement are like tax cuts. If you don't make enough to pay taxes you don't need one. I think I'll go check out our library now and see if she got any new free reading material.


Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home