Thursday, March 26, 2009

SIXTY TWO

          Well here it is my Birthday, Yup, 62 years ago I poped my head out with a little help from the doctor and saw my new world for the first time. HELLO WORLD,IT'S BOBBY. You know I can't believe how fast the years have gone by and how things have changed. It seems like only yesterday my dad was asking me  to get up and change the channel on the tv and to move the rabbit ear antena so the picture would clear up. It was a big thing when he bought my mom a clothes dryer for Christmas so she wouldn't have to hang out the clothes in the winter.
          I can imagine how my parents felt when we moved from our third floor apartment, with the karosine stove that was used for heat and cooking, to our house in the Darlington section of Pawtucket with central heat which ment no more running from the third floor to the basement and back to get more oil for the stove.
         I wonder what change my kids will look back on when they turn sixty two. Honey. do you remenber when we used to carry those thing around? What were they called? OH, YA, CELL PHONES. YA,and we used to tex each other, how silly.
        Well I guess that's what life is all about making memories so when we turn sixty two we can look back and say remember when soda cost a nickel and you'd get two cents for the bottle.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
              

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home