Saturday, May 12, 2007

Cutting the grass

          Today my wife and I went to Home Depot to get a plant for my mother in law for mothers day. I couldn't believe the people there buy fertilizer, grass seed, all kinds of lawn products. What the hell the matter with these people? Don't they know that if you feed and seed the next step is cutting, usually on a weekend, you know Saturday after spending all day at the ball field with the kids or Sunday while the Red Sox and Yankees are playing.
          Did you ever see the stuff they sell, you have to be a damn chemist to figure out what to use. They have weed and feed, weed and feed with insect control, hell if it kills my weeds I'll have about two blade of grass left over in the back corner where nobody can see them.
         Cutting the grass would be easy you know, I could take a pair of shears, a ruler and a lawn chair and don't forget the six pack and go out and make a day of it.First of all I'd have to set up the chair in just the right spot to get the correct view of my of my two blades, getting the chair is a important part cause I wouldn't want the sun in my eyes Now I have to take a seat and pop a top and study the angles to decide the proper plan of attack. This could take a while, I don't want to just rush in to this. After all these are the last two blade I have left. Maybe I better pop an other top and think about this delicate operation for awhile.
       OK, I think I'm ready. Lets get the ruler out and make a decision on the correct high, I don't want to leave them too long but if I make them too short I may injure them so lets see, hum, Inch and a half, no, inch an seven eights, no, inch an three sixteens, that it!
      OK, here I go. I have to hurry the sun is coming around  making it's difficult to see the ruler and the ground is hard and hurting my knee. OK here I go, Oh no, my hand is shaking. Here goes, Damn, OK Dear I'm coming. Supper Time. Oh well tomorrows another day. Gotta take a leak anyways.
           


Got a little couch potato?
Check out fun summer activities for kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home