Monday, August 18, 2008

Put it down.

      The other day I was emptying out my closet containing all my running stuff from years ago, sure brought back a lot of memories. Good ones when I was running good and some not so good when it was a struggle just to finish but you know I was making memories that I would look back on 10 years later and maybe some day, many years from now, after I'm gone my great grand kids will be looking through some boxes in the attic and they'll come across my stuff and ask who did this stuff belong to? Maybe it'll inspire them to take up running, who knows,  but the thing that's important is that it's a part of my life that will last after I'm gone which is important to me.
      How many people pass on and their history goes with them. What a waste. A person could live 90 years and not leave any history behind. Sure, there will be some one in his familly who will go around asking questions about the familly tree but the real history about who he was, experiences he had or some of his memories have been lost forever.
      You know I think everyone should take time to put down their history, some of their thoughts and experiences, maybe leave some words of advice for the next generation. Who knows some day a hundred years from now your great great great grand kid may find it and make a movie and you could become famous over night.
       

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home