Saturday, April 26, 2008

Treat

        Last night, after working around the house all day I decided to treat my Honey and myself  so I said HEY, LETS GO GET SOME ICE CREAM so off we go to Newport Creamery, we haven't been there for a while. Anyways, we get there and are seated and the girl come over and ask what we would like. No problem, We'll have 2 deserts sundaes, hey I'm a big spender, I know how to impress a girl. Sure we'll have nut, not problem. Hell, I'm treating my honey.
         OK, she brings over our sundaes,  looks good, one scoop of ice cream hot fudge, whipped cream and of course a cherry, YEA!!!!! We take our time and savor every bite, YUMMY!!!
         The girl brings over our check, HOLLY CRAP, OVER 7 DOLLARS. with the taxes, you see in R.I. we don't just pay one tax on what we eat in the restaurant but we also get to pay an added tax, don't ask me what its for. Now add the tip, over 9 DOLLARS. My wife says maybe the nuts were extra. Hell, I should have a pair like that.  Maybe it's me  but  that's a lot of  money  for a couple of scoops of  ice  cream, Some how our $2,69 sundae went up to $4.50.
         I guess we'll just have to go back to the old days when if you wanted to impress your girl you would take her to the corner store and get a soda with two straws.
         
         


Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home