Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Technology, GOOD?

         Has anyone noticed the increasing number of people walking around talking to themselves. They're everywhere. I've been told that they are talking on cell phones but I have my doubts. Some of these people don't look too stable. I mean if you need help on deciding if you should get one or two percent milk you got problems.
       Can you imagine being on the table in the operating room waiting for by pass surgery and and just before they put you under you hear the doctor say, what do you mean you want a divorce or he says , hello, yea, I think we got a spline for you, this guy won't even know it's gone. There's just some things you shouldn't say if you don't know who's listening.
       I think we're getting to the point where technology is controlling everything we do. From health care where robots can perform surgery to communications technology is in control. Ever watch How's it made on TV? How many humans do you see in those factories? In most cases not many. We are cloning animals and plants to produce more food. Hell you can't even get on a plane without going thru a scanner which can show things only god knows about, like that nipple ring you got on spring break that you never told your parents about.
       Some day there will be no need for books or even schools, we'll implant a chip in babies when their born and just down load information as they need it. Don't say that's not possible. I'm 60 years old and I've seen more change than anyone could have predicted would happen. I'd probably be dead today if it wasn't for the technology of implanting stents into veins and bypass surgery.  I can  remember when  you actually had to get up to change the channel  on the TV, why do you think my father had kid?
        Technology is good to a point. When it come to warfare, killing the so called enemy I think it's gone to far. It makes it too easy to kill. It can be done from miles away with with a push of a button with no danger to the assassin. This makes war less personal, clean which is not what war should be.
       Anyways next time your at the store hang a sign around your neck that says,  I'm not crazy. I'm talking on my cell phone, so I can tell who's nuts and who's not.
      
       


Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home